Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Gardening for Lazy People

I love my herb garden!  It's almost no maintenance since many herbs are perennials (they come up every year without me having to do a thing), most are really hardy (which means that even I can't kill them) and are beautiful and really good for you!
my herb garden......soapwort, basil, mint, fennel, oregano, nutmeg thyme....

variegated sage, feverfew, lemon balm, and flowering sage

I love this variegated sage......such a lovely sunny color

soapwort in flower......am experimenting with making shampoo and
baby wash with this

mint and lavender.....so lovely


Firecracker and I dressed up some orzo with some of our fresh herbs for lunch:
 

1/2 lb of orzo, big blob of butter, garlic, chopped tomatoes, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, chopped herbs (basil, oregano and thyme), juice of half a lemon, salt and pepper....simple and so delicious!

And to go with supper, we have a 1/2 gallon jar stuffed with mint, lavender and lemon balm out in the sun for herb-and-lemonade! 

Fresh herbs are just about my favorite part of spring!

1 comment: