Wednesday, May 18, 2011

not exactly a stellar day

This is a day that I could have just as easily skipped....except for a really sweet note that a young friend wrote to me.....

Too bad that I was supposed to be rejoicing, continuously praying and giving thanks for every circumstance (1 Thessalonions 5:16-18) that broke my heart, pissed me off and made me want to scream and swear.  Or at least that's what the apostle Paul tells me.....then again, what does he know?

Well, Lord, they say your mercies are new every morning.....let's pray that mine will be, too. 

      Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed,
      Because His compassions fail not.
      They are new every morning;
      Great is Your faithfulness.
      "The Lord is my portion," says my soul,
      "Therefore, I hope in Him."
               Lamentations 3:22-24 (NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment